Text neck treatment in Topeka, KS
People today spend a lot of time on their cell phones, tablets, and other devices. Because of the overuse of digital devices, many people suffer from a relatively new condition called text neck, also known as tech neck. This condition occurs when you spend long periods staring down at your digital device to text, scrolling through social media, or playing games. Our chiropractors at Counselman & Wade Chiropractic in Topeka, KS, treat the pain and other symptoms associated with text neck.
What Are the Symptoms of Text Neck?
Text neck causes a variety of symptoms that can affect your everyday life, including:
- Neck pain: The pain associated with text neck is often localized to one spot. This pain is usually in the lower part of the neck, and most people report feeling a dull ache. In more severe cases, text neck causes stabbing pain.
- Neck stiffness: It can be challenging to move your neck after using your digital devices for long periods.
- Radiating pain: It is not uncommon for text neck pain to radiate from the neck to the arms and shoulders.
- Muscle weakness: Muscle weakness in the upper arms and shoulders often occurs due to text neck.
- Tension headaches: Tension headaches are common with text neck.
Text Neck Complications
Untreated text neck can result in:
- Early-onset arthritis
- Spinal degeneration
- Disc compression
- Muscle weakness
- Reduced lung capacity
Diagnosing Text Neck
Text neck can be diagnosed by one of our chiropractors. We will discuss your medical and family health history, diet and exercise habits, and electronic device habits. Next, our chiropractor will perform a physical exam. We will assess your neck for muscle tenderness and tightness. We will also move your head to test your range of motion and determine which movements make your pain worse.
Treating Text Neck
Chiropractic care is one of the best ways to treat text neck. Our chiropractors often include spinal manipulation in our treatment plans to restore spinal alignment. Furthermore, stretches and corrective exercises can relieve your pain, strengthen your weakened muscles, and prevent your pain from returning.
Contact Us for Text Neck Treatment in Topeka, KS
If you suspect that you have text neck, schedule an appointment with Counselman & Wade Chiropractic in Topeka. We will create a treatment plan to help with the pain and stiffness associated with text neck. The treatment may take several weeks. You should start feeling some relief after your first visit. Call our team today at (785) 234-0521 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.