Poor posture can lead to gradual spine damage, causing pain and discomfort in the joints, muscles, discs, and tissues. Fortunately, you can always avoid the pains and problems of poor posture by seeking posture correction at Counselman & Wade Chiropractic in Topeka. Read on to learn about various aspects of good posture and how a chiropractor can help you achieve it.
Good Posture Vs. Bad Posture
Good posture, also known as neutral spine, is the natural position of the spinal cord when the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar curves of the spine are properly aligned.
If you have good posture, you will experience:
- Reduced stress on the ligaments
- Reduced risk of developing back pain and injuries
- Reduced wear and tear on joints and muscles
- Improved mood and high self-esteem
On the other hand, poor posture occurs when the spine is misaligned, putting stress on certain tissues and joints. Symptoms of poor posture include:
- Rounded shoulders
- Rounded upper back
- Swayed lower back
- Locked or bent knees
- Back pain
Regardless of the cause, poor posture can lead to neck pain, lower back pain, and other musculoskeletal issues. It can also increase the risk of injury and accelerate the aging process. However, the good news is that you can reclaim a healthy and youthful posture by seeking chiropractic care at Counselman & Wade Chiropractic.
How Our Chiropractors Can Help With Postural Correction
Working with our qualified chiropractors can help alleviate the pain and symptoms associated with poor posture. Our experienced chiropractors can easily identify postural imbalances in the body, such as stooped shoulders, raised shoulders, and spinal misalignments, and address their underlying causes for treatment.
Examples of postural problems that our chiropractors can treat include:
- Neck pain, mid-back pain, and lower back pain and discomfort
- Hunchback (Kyphosis)
- Forward head positioning
- Pelvic problems
How Our Chiropractors Perform Postural Correction
Our experienced chiropractors may utilize a single or combination of treatments to correct your posture. Below are some chiropractic procedures that our chiropractors have found effective in postural correction.
- Stretching and Rehabilitation: Our chiropractors use gentle massage and other therapies to alleviate tension in overactive muscles, allowing weaker muscles to grow stronger and effectively resolve your posture problem.
- Spinal Manipulation: Spinal manipulation involves applying pressure to misaligned areas of the spine to realign them. This procedure is typically performed by expert chiropractors who understand the correct alignment of each joint in your spine.
- Treating Strained Tissues: Our chiropractors may employ techniques such as muscle release and strengthening to alleviate pain and tension in bones, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage that may have been strained due to poor posture.
Contact Us for Postural Correction
At Counselman & Wade Chiropractic in Topeka, we take pride in providing high-end chiropractic care to our patients in and around Topeka. Don't hesitate to contact us at (785) 234-0521 for postural correction and other chiropractic services.